Healthy and delicious with whole-grain and added fiber from flaxseed meal.
Flour 2/3 cup
Quick 1-Minute Oatmeal 1/3 cup
Flaxseed Meal 1/3 cup
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1/2 cup, either white or brown
Milk 2/3 cup, either soy or dairy
Eggs 2 large, or 6 tbsp Egg Beaters
Vanilla 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Oil 3-4 tbsp
Blueberries 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/2 tbsp
Yields 6-8 medium size pancakes
1. Mix all dry ingredients in bowl and sift together.
2. Slowly add beaten egg, milk, vanilla and 2tbsp of oil, mixing until the batter is a consistent texture. If it’s too dry add a small amount of milk, if it’s too wet add a small amount of flour.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan and heat over medium heat until oil is shimmering.
4. Spoon batter into pan and cook until bubble form in middle of pancake, flip and cook another 1-2 minutes. Repeat until you run out of batter. Depending on the quantity of pancakes you are making, it may be necessary to wipe the pan with a paper towel and reapply oil to prevent burning.
5. After cooking pancakes, place washed blueberries and sugar into hot pan. Keep pan warm over low heat and stir berries until they turn deep purple and begin to burst. Transfer compote to bowl for serving and spoon over pancakes.